Monday, November 29, 2004

Little Tidbits

Today is the first day of my second trimester...HALLELEUJIA!! Now, why do I still feel like crap? I'm just supposed to automatically feel great, right? Ya, that's what I thought.
_______________________________________

Thanksgiving was very nice. I enjoyed having the time off to be home with the spouse and child. We celebrated Thursday at my parent's home. Lots of great food and laughs. The 2nd annual bake off took place and the men of the family amaze me every year with their *creations*. We had some type of chocolate pie, pecan pie, brown bag apple pie and angel food with fresh fruit and the most creative award went to my husband for his cake shaped like a turkey. It was all scrumptious.

We spent Thanksgiving with the in-laws on Saturday. I would say there were around 50 people there. Every year the number grows because someone has another kid. I guess next year will be my turn to add to the number. It's always a chaotic event because out of the number 50 around 20 are small kids. Enough said.

___________________________________________

We put our tree up on Friday. :( The sad face is because it looks so pathetic. Only ornaments at the top of the tree because of the little munchkins wondering hands. I didn't put out anything else to decorate because I knew the nativities would be a lost cause. I'm envisioning Baby Jesus being smashed into one of the wise men. I guess I’ll get my pretty tree and pretty decor back out in about oh say 10 years?

2 Comments:

Blogger Tash said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

November 30, 2004 at 4:09 PM  
Blogger Tash said...

Congratulations on making it through your first trimester in one piece! I've still got another 5 weeks, 4 days to go!

I've only just noticed the lovely comments you left on my blog. Thank you.

I laughed reading about your Christmas tree. I can't wait until next year when I have my own little one to share the festivities with!

Take care,
Tasha xx

November 30, 2004 at 4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home